The purpose to provide Union Home Loan is :
1. Purchase/Construction of House/Flat.
2. Purchase of Plot and construction of house thereon
3. Repairs/ improvements/ extension of the existing residential property.
4. Take-over of housing loan availed from another bank / FI
Eligibility for taking Home Loan:
1. Person must be a citizen of India.
2. Applicant must be an Individual either singly or jointly with other family members like father, mother, spouse,son as co-applicant. Co-Applicant must have regular source of income.
3. NRIs are also eligible for Home Loan.
Quantum of Loan, Margin and its Repayment Period:
A person can borrow as per his repayment capacity and for repairing purpose maximum quantum of loan is 30 lakhs. If the total cost of purchase and construction is above Rs. 75 Lakhs then the margin is 20%. For above Rs. 75 lakhs to Rs. 2 Crore it is 25% and for above Rs. 2 Crore it is 35%. Margin is 20% of the total loan taken for repairing purpose. Repayment period for purchase and construction is up to 30 years and 10 years for repairing purpose.
Margin means an amount of money which is to be bear by an applicant. For eg. If a person A has applied for the loan of Rs. 10 Lakhs and margin for the loan is 20% then he have to bear Rs. 2 Lakhs.
Kindly find the Rate of Interest chart below.
|Loan Amount||Union Bank Repo Home Loan Rate|
|Upto ₹ 75 Lakh||8.25%|
|₹ 75 Lakh – ₹ 1 Cr||8.30%|
|₹ 1 Cr – ₹ 3 Cr||8.30%|
|Above ₹ 3 Cr||8.30%|
To know more about Union Bank Fixed Deposit, Recurring deposit and Savings Bank Deposit rates, visit here