How to open an account in ICICI bank in India? ICICI Bank offers a range of savings accounts to meet the needs of its customers. Customers can save money for the future by opening an ICICI Bank Savings Account. They can also easily perform various banking transactions such as bill payments, fund transfers, cheque book requests, and cheque book requests. Customers have the option of opening a savings bank at an ICICI Bank branch near them, or online via the ICICI Bank homepage.
Eligibility Criteria for Opening an ICICI Bank Savings Account
Customers must meet certain requirements to be eligible for a savings account at ICICI Bank.
- Must be Indian citizen
- To be eligible, the applicant must be at least 18 years old. For minors, their parents or legal guardian can open an account for them.
- Valid identification and proof of address must be provided by the applicant.
- After the application has been verified by the bank the applicant will need to make an initial deposit, depending on the minimum balance requirements of the particular savings account that he/she chose.
Steps to open an ICICI Bank Savings account
- The application form must be completed by the applicant either in person at the bank branch, or online. To avoid rejection, applicants must fill in all required fields. For assistance with filling out the form, contact an executive at ICICI Bank.
- Online customers can visit the ICICI Bank homepage by clicking on “New Customer”.
- Next, select the savings account you wish to open.
- The following documents will be required of him/her:
- Documents that prove identity: Passport, driving license, voter’s ID card, etc.
- Documents that prove your address: Passport, Driving licence, Voter’s identification card, etc.
- PAN card
- If PAN card is unavailable, Form 16
- 2 passport-size photos
- Once all the documents have been completed and filled out, the applicant will need to submit the form along with the KYC documents at their ICICI Bank branch. Online applications will require the applicant to upload the required KYC documents.
- The bank will verify the documents and make sure that the KYC documents (name, address, date of birth, etc.) and the application form match.
- After the verification process has been completed, the account holder must make an initial deposit. This amount will depend on the minimum savings account balance. You can make your initial deposit at the cash deposit counter.
- After the deposit has been made the executive will give you a debit card along with the necessary bank documents to access the savings account.
Online opening of an ICICI Bank Account
The steps to opening an ICICI online bank account can be viewed as follows:
- Go to the homepage of ICICI Bank and click ‘Apply Online‘.
- Click on Savings account, then click on ‘Apply now’
- Enter your ‘Aadhaar number’, indicate that you accept the following terms, and click on Proceed.
- Enter the OTP code of UIDAI, which will be sent to your Aadhaar registered number. Continue clicking.
- Check that your name matches the one displayed on the screen.Aadhaar Details Please enter the required details and click on the button to continue.
- Click on Next to fill in your basic and address information.
- Enter the PINCODE for your area to find the closest ICICI bank.
- Click on Continue to get your account number and add money. You can now add money via net banking or credit card. Click on the SKIP button.
- This will create your account application ID number and branch code of your bank. For verification, you can either visit the branch with the required KYC documents, or the bank executive will visit your home.
- You will need to have the documents and minimum amount to deposit into the account. After verification, you will receive the account number and passbook together with your credit card.
Before opening an ICICI Bank Savings Account, Here are some things to keep in mind
Individuals should carefully review the details of the account before they decide to open a savings account with ICICI Bank. These are:
- First, they would need to verify that the minimum savings account balance is sufficient and if it suits their financial situation.
- You should also examine the penalties for not keeping the minimum balance.
- It is important to compare the interest rate with deposits when opening a savings account. It is important to know the interest rate before you open a savings account.
- He/she should verify the withdrawal and transaction limits per day for each account.
- The applicant should be aware of any additional charges if he or she withdraws cash using cheques. Also, the maximum monthly withdrawal limit at ATMs that are not affiliated with ICICI Bank should be known.
Safety Tips for ICICI Bank Savings account Holders
- It is important to ensure that your password and pin are not share via email, SMS, or social media.
- If you are not aware of a transaction, contact the bank immediately.
- To keep an eye on any fraudulent activity or to track your finances, make sure you regularly check your bank statements.
- You can either immediately block your debit card through your net banking account or call the customer service at ICICI Bank if your debit card is lost or stolen.
- Online merchant websites should not save your bank account information for security reasons. Also, close the page immediately after you complete a transaction online.
- Shop only on secure websites
I hope you will find the article on “How to open an account in ICICI bank in India” useful. If you want to know about the impact of cryptocurrencies in Indian banking system then click here.